This herbed condiment is a great accompaniment to grilled meats and fish or as a base for other sauces. It’s so easy and full of flavor.
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 large carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ¾ cup Cobram Estate® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
1. Begin by mincing the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic fine.
2. Heat the olive oil to medium heat in a thick-bottomed pot and add the vegetables.
3. Sweat the vegetables slowly, stirring with a rubber spatula occasionally. Be sure to not get too much color; adjust heat accordingly. While cooking, season with a few pinches of salt to taste.
4. Cook until vegetables are translucent and simmering. Set aside to cool and fold in chopped herbs.