One of our favorite ways to showcase salmon is raw. Purchase very fresh or sushi grade salmon for this recipe. Feel free to experiment with other fish one may eat raw.
- 1 pound center cut salmon filet, skin and bones removed
- ¼ pound chunk of horseradish root, peeled
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh dill sprigs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons Cobram Estate® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Fresh cracked pepper
1. Place salmon on a cutting board and using a long, sharp knife carefully slice thin pieces (against the grain) and place onto salad plates.
2. Wrap each plate with plastic wrap and working one at a time using the flat bottom of a measuring cup, gently press the plastic until the salmon covers the surface of the plate.
3. Stack the plates and chill until cold.
4. Remove the plastic and drizzle the olive oil over the salmon.
5. Season with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Grate the horseradish over the fish with a microplane; you won’t use all the horseradish, but you’ll need a bit to hang on to.
6. Scatter the dill over the top to finish and serve with lemon wedges on each plate.