- Cobram Estate EVOO
- 5 heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup roughly crumbled goat’s feta
- *Serves 4
Equipment: Traeger Grill + Large Cast-Iron Frying Pan
1. Heat your Traeger Grill to 180∞C as per the instructions.
Place a cast-iron frying pan on the grill. Add a good splash of EVOO, then the diced tomatoes and shallot and cook for about 10 minutes or until they start to reduce. Stir in the smoked paprika. Make indents in the tomato mixture and crack in the eggs, then sprinkle over the feta.
2. At the same time, place the bacon strips on the grill beside the pan. Close the lid and cook for another 15 minutes. Once the bacon is cooked, add eight stripd to the pan, reserving the last strip for the salsa.
3. Serve the shakshuka with the bacon salsa and toast drizzled with Cobram Estate EVOO.
*See following recipe for bacon salsa.